Monday, January 14, 2013

The Orange Box Rant

Been playing The Orange Box on the Xbox 360 since my computer for some odd reason can not run any games without having horrible lag issues. I lost my save file from switching Xbox's and now I have to start the Half-Life's over, as well as Portal. I was close to beating Episode 2 but now it's all gone but I've been stuck playing Team Fortress 2. I love the game and the funny attitude it has with it. I know the PC version is so much better and I have it purchased, before it became free to play, but of course it's not an option as of right now. Let's hope they release that Steam Box by the end of the year.
Who else plays this game on the Xbox 360? It's still very active with at least 100+ players a day I see and yet it's never been updating with any DLC. It's hard to see games like that but I guess Valve has a great fan base with there games to do so. They should really release Team Fortress 2 by itself on the Arcade or on a disc with as much updates as they could add to it. I believe that would sell so well for them.

Look at Left 4 Dead 2 for instance. Left 4 Dead 2 has been out for 3 years now on the Xbox 360 and they just now reached the max memory for the game. The game started with just 5 campaigns and then added more by campaign and brought over all the original ones from the first game, making the total come to 13. Even with the last DLC not introducing any new achievements, people still bought it and play this game regularly. It just goes to show that a great game can last forever no matter what happens.

Now only if Microsoft would learn and invest in great developers. They should let them have the Arcade version of Team Fortress 2 with no limit on it and free updates for Valve. They could charge us 80MSP for each update or so that they could still earn revenue on it but Valve would get money from the in-game purchases of the Workshop. I wouldn't even mind if they put ads on the main menu like they do with the Xbox Dashboard just so they could earn there money back by investing in free updates on this great game. I believe it would be the #1 Arcade game of all time. Valve is an amazing company and they have excellent ideas but the Xbox just pushes it away with charging for updates, which is silly in my opinion. Microsoft is doing whatever they can to make a buck off of anyone.

That's the end of my story and I'm off to go play some Team Fortress 2 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment