Monday, February 04, 2013

Aliens: Colonial Marines

This game comes out next week on 2/12/13 and let's talk about the collector's edition. A lot of people are loving it and a lot of them are hating it, but that comes with all special edition copies of any game. Halo 3 for instance? I got a Master Chief helmet that I was so excited to put on, to only find out that it was just a case cover but it's better than anything because Halo is by far my favorite game so any Halo memorabilia has won me over no matter how awful it looks or sounds.

Enough about Halo, let's get back to the collector's edition to the new Aliens Colonial Marines game by Gearbox. The first thing that won me over is the highly detailed resin display model of an iconic Aliens power loader being attacked by a Xenomorph. That statue itself got me wanting the collectors edition to call my own. I'm a big Aliens fan and this will look nicely side by side with all my other collector figurines and stuff.

Next up on the list is a, not yet official, special artwork for the game case, a USCM dossier and the statue of course, all crammed into a limited edition display box with a foldout wrap around the display. There's also some exclusive in-game content that comes with the collectors edition. There's 3 multiplayer weapons, such as a flamethrower, smart gun, and an upgraded pulse rifle. Also an additional game mode thrown in, called the USCM Academy Firing Range. There's plenty more that comes with it which I'll list below, thanks to Gamestop's listing.


  • High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
  • Four Playable Movie Characters
  • Additional Marines Character Customization Options
  • Ripley's Flamethrower
  • Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
  • Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
  • Phase Plasma Rifle
  • Exclusive Game Level
  • USCM Academy Firing Range
  • USCM Dossier
  • Mission Brief
  • USS Sephora Schematic
  • Recruitment Card
  • LV-426 Recon Photo
  • USCM Iron-on Badges
  • USCM Graduation Certificate
  • A lot of the in-game content you get with the collector's edition, you will get with pre ordering it through gamestop. It costs $99.99 for the collector's edition but I do believe it's too late to even try to get it now, unless you are very lucky. I know my local gamestop stops special pre orders within a month or two from announcing it, probably because it's a small store.

    Now enough about my blabber, check out the pictures of the collectors edition and pre order offers through gamestop below. This wraps up my weekly post and also check some of the links below the pictures for more info on this game.

    Pre Order Content

    Collector's Edition Image 1

    Collector's Edition Image 2
    Note: I'm an Xbox Fanboy so majority of all my stuff will consist towards that side, no offense.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment