Friday, February 08, 2013

Ranting v0.1

I'm going to have a weekly or bi-weekly Ranting segment where I shit on games/movies/etc.. that I have purchased or watched or anything really. This first one will be about a few games I purchased from GameStop and my local used game store.

I went to my local used game store and purchased Bulletstorm for 8.99, to realize that in order to play online I'd need to purchase a $10 online pass, well for the echoes part that is. I asked them about if it required one and they said no so come to conclusion was that I took it out of my xbox, deleted the 0 gamerscore history and now it's awaiting to be returned. I could pay $19.99 for a new copy that comes with the pass so why even bother saving that simple $1? I prefer new over used any day but when it's like a $10 difference then of course I'd go for the used copy. Now I really loved the demo so I was going to think I'd love the game but I'm not even going to bother with it anymore, I already have too many other games to play and I can swap it out for a different one that would probably play better, Mirror's Edge is on my mine. They had it for $12 so I might pick that one up. I played it when it first came out but traded it to a buddy for his Left 4 Dead because like I tell everyone basically on a daily basis is that anything with Zombies has me won over, and that's the truth.

I bought 1 more game from them and it was Rock Band 2. My drums were shit and my whammy bar on the guitar didn't work so for $75 I was definitely going to grab that game. Now I want to return it because it's in worse condition (playable wise) than my current one. Of course when you buy used you can't guarantee everything 100% but luckily they have a 2 week return policy, but only in store credit. That's a good thing for them because than they don't lose out on any profit. They'll get around $85 in merchandise back but I'll be taking a different $85 worth of merchandise home, so it's a win win situation. I might pick up a game boy and pokemon yellow while I'm at it! They have everything you could think of. That's that on my local used game store, now let's head on over to the GameStop part of this rant.

After I was done with the game store I headed on over GameStop to get Rock Band 1 for $0.99 and I browsed around a bit to see what else I wanted that was fairly cheap. They had Duke Nukem Forever for a few bucks so I snagged that, even though everyone gave it bad reviews. You think it wouldn't be a horrible game either way because Gearbox snagged the rights for it, and let me tell you they never disappoint on anything. Now I'm not saying it's a horrible game but it's not a great game either, but for $3 you can't go wrong. I played a match of multiplayer, which had about 10 people max on there and it was weird because the controls are different than what I expected them to be. This game had great potential but I think the fans wanted more out of it than it was given. Either way I'll keep it or take it back and grab the balls of steel edition for $20. I looked that thing up and it comes with a lot of goodies for just a $20 bill.

I kept browsing around and grabbed RAGE to see what it was about, I played 1 multiplayer session on that and talked to the guy about how the single player game was and he said it was crap. Without even touching it I put everything back in it's case and it's awaiting its return back to the shelves of GameStop. Upon checking out I asked the guy if he had any Tony Hawk games with covers, I can't stand those generic ones but the Platinum Hits I abide by sometimes. He pulled out Project 8 and I was excited. I really been looking for American Wasteland because that is by far the best game for Tony Hawk, besides THUG. I've been looking everywhere locally for Tony Hawk games with covers on them and this was my first one for $5 and I played a bit of it. I payed with my created skater and I guess I was obsessed with Travis Barker, because that's what he looks like. He's got the hawk, famous, tats, everything to resemble that you could think of for that game.

To come to the conclusion, I love used games most of the time because of things like this happen. When you get a new game, you are stuck with it unless you trade it in for crap cash or sell it to someone else for a little less than you payed for. All in all I love the outcome of my adventure and stay tuned for v0.2 :) Thanks for reading, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment